Sunday, September 7, 2014

Author Bio FINISHED! Yay!

Hello!

Well, I just finished my author bio. After a couple of drinks and some sister time, I've finally figured it out. Now it's off to my Publisher to be posted on their webpage. I will tell you this though. It was a lot harder than I thought and it took a lot of research. I know. You're wondering what's so hard about telling about yourself? Well lots...

First of all, if you know me, I'm more apt to tell you about my kids boogers than something about me. Unless of course you are family and well then you are exposed to all kinds of Paisley and for that I am sorry.

Secondly, its hard capturing your life story in as little as 150 words. Sure it seems like a lot on paper but it's not really. It's like taking a snapshot of your life when in the grand scheme of things, there are really a million snapshots and you have to choose just one. It's impossible really.

Thirdly, write a bio on yourself and try to capture the important things about yourself. Like I have an awesome husband and two amazing kids. They are my life and I almost forget anything that happened before them. So then you have to dust off those old memories to conjure something up for the years prior to them. So many embarrassing moments you don't want to remember... *bangs head against wall*

Lastly, how do you tell people that before becoming a stay at home mom, you were a lost soul. You had absolutely no idea what you wanted to do with yourself and the last thing you expected was to become a paid author. It's insane right? I've decided that I'm just like anyone else and you know what? Who cares what they think about me. So what. I was a lost soul but I think I've found my niche now and I've never felt this comfortable in my own skin before now.

As I've mentioned before, this experience has taught me so much about myself and for that I am thankful. Each day I am learning and I'm loving it.

Follow Your Dreams!

xoxo
Paisley

No comments:

Post a Comment