Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fears

Fears... The funny thing about fears are that they have a way of climbing inside of a person and taking hold of them from the inside out until they are too afraid to continue. My fears are something like that.

Before I signed my contract, I liked to think that I had normal fears. Fears of the hospital, of one of my kids dying, losing control of everything, amongst so many others. Since I signed my contract with Luminosity, my fear now is, will I be able to write something as good as Love Me Tender again?

Love Me Tender has such a special place in my heart. Not because it's the first of hopefully many books to be published but because I feel like I put so much of myself into this. I read a quote on pinterest one time by Joss Whedon. It read 'I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things that I am afraid of.' This quote really resonated with me not only because for me it's true, but because when I write I can become anyone.

Love Me Tender had come to be because of a dream I had. What if I stop dreaming? What if I do write this other book and it doesn't get published. Does that mean I'm a failure? I've been pondering these questions for weeks but I've come up with my own answer. 'I got published.'

So with each day, I pick one of my fears with this book and I attempt to conquer it, but it has been hard. I've yet to make it past the point that I might not write another book worthy of publishing, but one thing is sure, I won't ever stop writing. It's in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment